Saturday, February 20, 2016

Greetings from the Gecko Galz Retreat

So I am here at the annual Gecko Galz Retreat in Smith ville Texas and we are having an amazing time doing classes, challenges and games! I am having a blast with this tallented bunch of ladies and I am simply amazed by their talents.One of the fun things we are doing is a cigar box challenge where we have to alter a cigar box ( and yes there will be prizes for best in show). And this is what I came up with, it is a fairy dream box.....a place to put your dreams and wishes.


I started with a wooden cigar box and covered it with Gecko Galz Butterfly Garden papers and stamped it with Butterfly Silhouettes clear stamps by Gecko Galz and added bling and flower dresses. The glass candle stick I used for the base was alcohol inked with purple and pink.


I then sprayed the inside with pink and purple glimmer mist by Tattered angels then used papers by Jodie Lee to line the inside. Next I created a little fairy shrine using products I picked up from Joanns including a little house which has a door that opens....the perfect place to put all your treasures and dreams.


For the top I decorated with silk and paper flowers along with a wire and mesh butterfly as well as a plastic butterfly.  For the flowers I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist to add some sparkle. It is a magical place for all your dreams. This has been a dreamy weekend and if you ever get the chance you should join Gecko Galz for all the fun!
Happy Crafting
Leanne

1 comment:

  1. How creative. My husband gives me his empty cigar boxes. I would love someday to make something like this. xoxo

    ReplyDelete