Tuesday, November 3, 2015

SUGAR PLUM FAIRIES

This month I did a combination for the Gecko Galz customer challenge as well as showing how to use some of the amazing products from Canvas Corp and designed these amazing Sugar plum Fairy Tree Toppers.
Using a paper mache cone I got at JoAnns, some amazing trims I had in my stash and Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels, collage images from Gecko Galz, and stickles glitter glue in crystal and gold. I created my own set of Lovely little cone ladies. These can be done for the top of your tree, a table center piece, a cake topper....the sky's the limit!

The fun thing is I will be teaching this class at the Gecko Galz retreat in February!


SUGAR PLUM FAIRY 1

For this Sugar Plum Fairy I started with a paper mache cone that is 7" x 3" by Darcie and sprayed it with Glimmer Mist in Red Tipped Rose by Tattered Angles. Then I layered on my ruffled trim from Miss Rose Sister Violet and liquid adhesive. Then I took an image from Gecko Galz  "Fairylands' and printed it to 3.5" tall, then I flipped it horizontally so I could have it on both sides (this can be done in GIMP or Photoshop). Adhere image to the top of the cone then I added a crown from the Gecko Galz 'Hat Whimsies'. and finished it all off with Stickles.






SUGAR PLUM FAIRY 2

For this fairy I started with the same size cone as above and sprayed it with Sugared Maple Glimmer Mist and went a step further with the Glimmer Mist and antiqued my tulle trim with Old Lace &the sugared Maple to give it that vintage look, this is a wonderfully quick way to distress trims and cloth and create that shabby chic vintage feel. I wrapped the cone with the trim (Melissa Frances). Then I cut out the lady I got from Rhondas Originals and added wings to her that I found on Pintrest. The thing I love about Rhonda's Originals is her images are the front and back of her characters.
Next I adhered her to the top of the cone and added my Cinnamon Stickles to wings and Crown and ice stickles to the skirt.




SUGAR PLUM FAIRY 3

Now for my third Sugar Plum Fairy I used the same type of cone and this time prayed it with Jack Frost Glimmer Mist as well as the polk-a-dot ruffled trim by Spare Parts then I sprayed a second color Sapphire to give a variegated look to the trim. I adhered trim to cone and cut out the lady with the fan  as well as the party hat from Gecko Galz 'Hat Whimsies' and the butterfly wings from below and created a magical topper. I then glued a copy to each side and added crystal stickles to her wings and to the edges of the skirt.


So I hope these inspire you to go out and create your own, like I said they are great tree toppers, table decor and cake toppers (just put down a piece of foil or Seran wrap).
Happy crafting
Leanne




Please check out the wonderful products from the companies I used

Canvas Corp (Glimmer Mist)

Gecko Galz (images)



Ranger (stickles)

Darcey (cones)





No comments:

Post a Comment