Tuesday, June 3, 2014

PEEP SHOW ORNAMENT

Hello Friends and Followers!

So each week I will be sharing a sample to inspire you to make your own project for the Summer Cheesecake Challenge. This week I found the most inspiring little box at my local Hobby Lobby in the "Clearance" area and thought wouldn't it be a fun project to make a little shadow box ornament. 
I started by painting the box with silver acrylic paint and let it dry. Then in photo shop I sized two of the girls from the "Summer Cheesecake" sheet to 3" tall and cut them out as well as the peepshow heart (which you can grab for yourself below) and the red and gold stripe paper from Gecko Galz "Life is a Circus" paper pack. The I over painted the box with Ranger Ice Stickles using a foam brush.
Next I placed the circus paper in the back of the inside of the box then layered on the girl with the bow around her waist (you can add 3-d items if you like as well) then glue on the lid with glossy accents.
Next I cut out the seated girl and adhered her to the right side of the lid and on the right upper edge I adhered the peep show heart. Then with my Viva pearl pen in white I added pearls around the window opening and the outer edge of the lid.
Next I took a piece of red ribbon from my stash and tied a double bow on the top. Then I have found this amazing round metal tag to the back of the box and tied another piece of red ribbon through the hole for my hanger. To finish it I used a large flower which I cut in haflf on the back as a fan. You can build any scene you want in these little boxes and use any kind of tag as your way of hanging your ornament.

Have fun creating and dont forgot to enter my challenge!






1 comment: