Thursday, October 17, 2013

DASHING THROUGH THE SNOW WITH GECKO GALZ

Hi Everyone!

This month Gecko Galz unvieled all their holiday products and I was inspired to make a card using their "Christmas Whimsies" collage set. I found this set so nostalgic and it reminded me of the Christmas Cards I would get from my grandmothers at Christmas. They are magical images  and even better Gecko Galz has lowered the prices of their products to help us all out with the economy being what it is...so it is like Christmas came early!


DASHING THROUGH THE SNOW CARD

so to create this card I started with a white card base and layered on a piece of Graphics 45 paper to the base then inked the edges using my festive Berries Distress ink. Next I took a piece of red card stock and cut it to 4x6 and then embossed it with one of my cuddle bug embossing folder. Then in photo shop I resized the picture to 4 x 6 and inked the edges with the same red ink and layered them one on top of the other. to finish I found some amazing festive striped ribbon and tied it around to scored edge and tied in a knot. To add a bit of sparkle you can add stickles to the snow flakes.

Dont forget a week from today Gecko Galz will be holding their annual blog hop where we will feature FREE collage sheets for you to gather on each blog site involved and Gecko Galz will be giving away some awesome prizes so next Thursday hop over to the GECKO GALZ BLOG and start the hop and have a great time!

Have a happy scrappy day
Leanne

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Leanne. You are right about the nostalgic image. Thanks for sharing how you created it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Love the way you layered the image and background papers too! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink for Christmas! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete