Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lets Stamp Outside the Box!

Hi everyone!

I thought it would be fun to show some of my stamped cards and show how to stamp and create cards that are a bit outside the box of flat stamping. My favorite thing to do in card making is to create different textures and layers, and also to paint with different fun mediums!
The First Card is my Madame Butterfly Card and I used a strip of Glossy card stock (I love Stampin Ups glossy card stock it is amazing when painting with Alcohol inks) and the dripping butterfly stamp is Tim Holtz. what I did was using "Butterscotch" and "Ginger" Alcohol inks I painted my glossy card stock then using black "Staz On" ink I stamped the butterflies all over the piece...you will want to use a solvent ink to stamp your butterflies or what ever image you wish to use. I then layered on ephemera's from the Gecko Galz "Asian Flair" collection and topped it off with some great fibers I found in my stash. I also stamped the kanji onto a piece of patterned paper to create my sentiment!

My next card I took a piece of opal shimmer paper and ran it through the cuddle bug machine with an embossing folder  then using "Versa Mark" ink distressed over the embossed surface and sprinkled with gold UTEE and heated it to create the distressed background of my card. Then I used two Gecko Galz Digital stamps from the "Filigree" set and printed the background one of printed brown paper and the queen on tan card stock. I then cut both images out loosely and added Brown ink to the background square and set in the center of the card using pop dots. Then I painted the queen using Smooch inks (this creates a great metallic look) and pop dotted her to the center. Once all the inks are dry I added brown, gold and light green gems by Mark Richards to stamped pieces and tied a piece of rust ribbon at the top!


My Third card I took a piece of Gecko Galz "Butterfly Garden" paper and using Glossy Accents I painted the swirl then added ultra fine white glitter to it, this is a fun way to create your own glitter paper and not have to pay a fortune for it! I used Glossy Accents because it tends to adhere the glitter a tad better than glue pens do! Next I took one of the fairie digital stamp images from Gecko Galz "Fairies" stamp CD and using water color pencils colored her in...when working with water color pencils you will want to start at the edge and work your way to the center of the image growing lighter as you go. I tend to pick three colors a dark tone, a medium tone and a yellow for my light tone. Start with the dark tone then layer in the medium tone and finish with the yellow. when adding the water make sure you have enough water on your brush to blend the colors together and I start from the light color and brush up to the dark color to blend. Once she was dry I cut her out. Then I used May Arts Ribbon and using red line tape adhere a strip across the center of your card, take another piece and tie a bow and with a glue dot adhere to left side of ribbon strip. Then pop dot her to right side of card and I used gold smooch ink and colored in the veins of her wings. then I used a little fairy sentiment on the left side!


This is a brilliant way to create fun beautiful cards. Below please find some goodies so you can make your own fairy card!

Have a happy creative day!
Leanne



Here are samples of using these pieces

1 comment: